Nov 19, 2010

The Little Birdie Twirly Skirt

The girls and I had a lovely sunny morning strolling around the local fauna park. I was pretty impressed as most the animals were out and about… saw lots of kangaroos, birds, a couple of koalas, an emu, crocodile and a few snakes.
And an added bonus to the 2 hours we spent wandering the fauna park was the girls simultaneously had an awesome afternoon nap. WOOHOO, so that meant I actually had time to sew up the skirt I drafted a pattern for last night.
DSC07455



So, it turned out pretty close to how I imagined it being. The waist across the front is a flat panel with the rear waist panel being elasticised. I was going to use adjustable elastic but got a little lazy and just opted for the regular stuff.


And then I presented it to little big Miss M upon her waking from her afternoon nap. It was greeted with much gushing, giggles and excitement from her – which I think is so special because I’m guessing at some p0int  she’ll crinkle her nose with disdain at the idea of wearing homemade (but I’m hopeful that I can ensure she develops a passion for sewing and creating before then, thus averting the nose crinkling disdain).
So it was out into the back yard for a play and a frolic under the sprinkler – loving summer!
DSC07433

                 DSC07431
Managed to get just a couple of shots before both she and her sister got absolutely drenched….
DSC07454-horz
What a fun day Smile

0 Click to COMMENT... I ♥LOVE♥ hearing from you!:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...