May 24, 2011

I love... CAKE!

I've been missing my blog... things are still busy but becoming more manageable (I think ☺). 

We are finally over our shared family flu - we even ventured out yesterday for a lovely day strolling the shops in a nearby touristy town... 
we had ice cream (pistachio gelato - YUM)... 
we had cookies (oh and a heavenly hot hot coffee)... 
we bought fabric from a quilt shop sale... 
got the grocery shopping done and had a wander through the plant nursery...
I even happened upon a little inspiration - which is always nice ☺

I have an exciting week coming up.... My Little Little Miss M will be turning TWO!!! And birthdays mean cake! I love LOVE LOVE cake!

Here's my little pumpkin.... gosh I love her teeth (and the rest of her too - but my, how I hope her adult teeth look as good as her bubby ones!)
(Please ignore that irritating pile of laundry to be folded and my strategic attempt to hide it behind a watermark!)
I can't believe how fast the two years has gone... birthdays always make me reminisce. The memories of the pregnancy, those first contractions, that first cuddle and everything between then and now... Yes, my girls do drive me crazy at times but no words could ever adequately give meaning to how full of love they fill my entire being and world....

Anyway, that's enough gushing for now and here's a look back the cakes I made for my girls birthdays last year:

Big Little Miss M's birthday

Little Little Miss M's 1st birthday 
And here's what I'll be baking this year (small cakes preview only... you'll have to check back over the next week to see the 'reveal' of her actual birthday cake ☺)

Love these ice cream cone cakes... perfect to take along to playgroup to share... I want to make something like this (but just a little different too...) Fingers crossed they work for me - I've never made these before (any tips would be ever so appreciated too)!

SOURCE:  bakerella.com 
And these super cool and fun Cookie Monster Cupcakes...


And to decorate with some gorgeous giant crepe paper pom poms... in purple, lilac and cream...

SOURCE: marthastewart.com
Ooooh, how I love birthdays and creating special memories ☺

Cheers for now and come back soon... and you're more than welcome to leave a comment - I love them almost (but not quite) as much as cake!

0 Click to COMMENT... I ♥LOVE♥ hearing from you!:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...