Apr 6, 2012

Moments in time...

OLD POST ALERT - This one post, for reasons unknown to me right at the minute, has been lurking, unpublished, waiting for me to realise it's been sitting, patiently unread in drafts for the last 20 days... 

Today has been a day of moments...

You know the ones where you spend the next half hour or so just pondering, toying and reflecting on it...

Travelling to a nearby town today on a country road my girls and I were nearly cleaned up by a car that failed to giveway at a crossroad... It was one of those moments where everything seems so focussed and etched. For me these moments happen in slow motion snap shots, as if each second is processed by my brain in photos taken every second - or split second - but whilst everything visual is going slow thankfully my body and reactions seem to still keep real-time. Well I swerved (thankful there was no other car about), tooted the horn - which seemed to snap the other driver out of his far away reverie only to have him lock up his brakes... hmm, I pondered that moment for a while after it had passed, thankful for having had prior defensive driving skills and for still having my reflexes!

And I guess that led to moments later in the day, driving home just looking across the many paddocks and orchards with the sun beginning it's decent to the horizon, feeling in awe of nature and all the beauty around us. Sound sappy? Well, yes but it's true. . . how amazing is everything around us!

Oooh and while I'm on about moments I'll share a funny moment I had in the middle of the night a few nights back . . . My Little Little Miss M has never been much of a sleeper . . . ever. She'll be three in a month and a half but still has nights where she wakes and comes into our bed. I don't so much mind the snuggles although her propensity to toss and turn and take over the bed (not to mention the fact she does not like to sleep under bed covers) means very little sleep is had from the time she climbs in. On this particular night she must have had bad dreams or something as she was inconsolable- but not quiet whimpering inconsolable, more the scream and thrash about like someone is pulling your hair out whilst sticking bamboo reeds under your nails kind of screaming . . . all in the dead of the amplifying night!

Anyhow, she's screaming and thrashing about, hubby had retreated to the comforts and distance of the couch and the two pillows between which my head were sandwiched between were useless for muffling the sound. So failing all other methods of trying to calm her I decided in a last ditch effort to put my phone on speaker and play a sleep meditation app I have on there. Well, the strange soothing voice must have cut through her crazy episode and before the fellow could even say, "Breath in deeply and exhale..." a second time she abruptly stopped the screaming, kicked off the duvet and promptly and silently got out of my bed and walked out of the room. I was puzzled and intrigued and more than just a little unsure of just what she was up to so I got up to follow...

Well, she padded straight down the hall back to her room, securely pushing the door closed behind her and climbed back into her bed and went to sleep!

Obviously my little night monster does not care in the slightest for my sleep meditation tapes! I am positive that in the dark before exiting my bed that there was an over-exaggerated eye roll and that if she could have enunciated and verbalised that there would also have been an exasperated, "Oh brother! I'm not listening to this crap!"

Heehee... as crazy as my munchkins can make me feel, they are super funny and cute and adorable and individual and special and... and... and... I could go on and on.

Now, onto other topics...

Woohoo . . . I've fallen for Instagram now that they've finally released an android version!

Check out my new widget on the sidebar to see some of my first Insta-snaps :) Not sure if I'll keep it there but at the moment I'm liking it . . . although it is now my new 'time sucker/vacuum/abyss/blackhole' of the moment (and at present I'm 'insta-snapping' anything and everything at random)!

Oooh and yes, I must rustle up some of those photo's of my finished tomato sauce - it turned out yummo, and I think I just may be addicted to making home made sauce now!

Hey, how's that a photo free post!


0 Click to COMMENT... I ♥LOVE♥ hearing from you!:

Post a Comment

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...