Sep 17, 2012

There once was a little ballerina... who loved cake!!!

My gorgeous girls love ballet...
and around here we all love cake.

Today, the two combined for a little celebration. I made some...well, over fifty actually... tutu cupcakes and a massive tutu cake.


I love having a reason to make a pretty cake and my girls and I were super happy with how they turned out.

This big cake weighed in at almost 10kgs! It sits on a 12' yummo chocolate cake.


And a view from the top ..




Using a couple of fabulous recipes, some butter cream, marshmallow fondant and a little pinterest inspiration plus a certain amount of google advice the tutus came to be...

I was especially super proud of how these fondant ballet slippers turned out... apart from the dowel holding the bodice of the larger tutu onto the base cake and the patty cases from the cupcakes it's all 100% edible -  Although it's not always possible I really do love not having 'fake' bits on cakes... the fact that the kiddies can just pick up the cake and scarf it down with out removing a thing or worrying about topper picks or other non-consumables.


Would you like to know how I did it? 
(please say yes!)


  Want to know which recipes I used? How to make your own fondant bodice cupcake toppers? 
Instructions for the super cute and delicate fondant ballet slippers?


I really do want to share the 'how-to' so you can also share the magic with your little princesses... Like I've said before, I love being what I like to think of as a memory creator for my girls. 
I want them to overflow with memories that are special, magical, fun and every other adjective of equal awesomeness.

I joked with the hubs today about how much I love cake decorating and the fact I've never done a course or been taught how to do it other than being 'google trained'. 

Seriously, I need some sort of mock up certificate or google doc to hang on my kitchen wall to this effect... Seriously! (I bet I could even google accomplish that one too - if it can't be googled it can't be done, right?

Anyway, back on topic... 
This never would have happened or have been possible if others hadn't been so kind to share tutorials, youtube videos, photos and more. So, I will be back with a tutorial to share and continue on the love... 
but right now, at this very minute it's past midnight and all my mind and body wants is sleep.

I will however work on the how to and be back soon...  after sleep!


Why not in the mean time 'click to comment' below and let me know your thoughts and opinions, stop by and simply say hi or even tell me to hurry up get some sleep and get onto that how to already... 
I don't mind, in truth, I love knowing you've stopped by and that I've had company!

Nighty, night for now!
 xoxo

16 comments:

  1. That is precious, I love the cupcakes AND cake. I would love if you would share this at Super Sweet Sunday at swtboutique.blogspot.com I have a whole cake gallery too. Hope you stop by, great job on those.
    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for linking up, sooo cute!

      Delete
    2. Love a good linky and definitely loving your blog! Thanks for introducing me to it :)

      Delete
    3. Are you ging to post a tutorial on how to make the cupcakes?

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad that I found you on TT&J! The cake and cupcakes turned out beautifully! Thanks for sharing:)

    Katie
    www.funhomethings.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katie! I am working on the tutorial for them - they really are quite straightforward to replicate!

      Delete
  3. Wow - well done! Your girls are so lucky to have you as a Mum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous as always! You are one heck of a cupcake/cake designer~
    Thanks for sharing with the Pink HIppo Party!
    xoxo
    Amie @ Pinkapotamus

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yet another amazing creation. Love love love it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG!!! these are just wonderful, you are very talented :)

    Brooke x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi- my niece saw these cupcakes on Pinterest when I was checking it out and desperately wants these for her 5th birthday- next week. I can manage the cupcake itself but the tutu is a different story- never worked with fondant before. It
    S it too hard for a beginner. Was thinking of using a stick of pink gum with a little cutout -lol. Any suggestions you can give me would be appreciated- your are gorgeous. Thanks, Claire

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi,

    Kindly share how you made these please :) They are gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Are you ging to post a tutorial on how to make the cupcakes

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the ballerina cupcakes! I would like to know what tip you used to pipe the skirt. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just making sure my email went through. Lee♫

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi,

    Is there a tutorial for the leotard cupcakes posted? I would love to make these for my little ballerina to share with her friends at daycare next week on her birthday :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi and thank you for taking the time to leave me a comment... I just love reader feedback - and I also love replying via email...but you need to have a visible email in your account settings for me to do this, otherwise just know that I do read your comments and do appreciate them... Be sure to drop by again soon - I love the company ☺

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...